Rebel Girls Contest Terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
By entering the [name] sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's discretion, result in disqualification.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakesis open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of Timbuktu Labs Inc., d/b/a Rebel Girls (the "Sponsor") and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on [start date] and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on [end date] (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Entry Periods: There is one (1) Entry Period as defined in the chart below ("Entry Period"). Entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible for that Entry Period drawing. Non-winning Entry Period entries will not be rolled over to subsequent Entry Periods.
Entry Period Start Date: 12:00:01 AM ET on
Entry Period End Date: 11:59:59 PM ET
Survey Period Drawing Date: on or about
- Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")/Odds:
Grand Prize: Ten (10) Grand Prizes are available to be won. Each Grand Prize will consist of an Amazon Alexa devices. The ARV of Grand Prize: $[X] each.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $[X].
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received per Entry Period.
- Random Drawing: Ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected for each Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for that Entry Period.
- Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified via email, and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of initial notification, a W-9 Form and a Winner Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity and Liability Release (collectively, "the Releases"). Releases will require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, his/her prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the Releases on the minor winner’s behalf, as applicable.
Failure to execute the above documentation will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
Prizes will be awarded within approximately [__] days after the winner is verified.
If winner notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for winner’s delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including an inactive email account, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor an email account.
- Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
The prize is non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted except if the prize or a prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on the prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the winner’s residence, the prize is considered awarded.
The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use each winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
- Release: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, related entities, and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
- Indemnity: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner's representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Disclaimers: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to the foregoing, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. The value of the prizes set forth in these rules represent Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof; the actual fair market value as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
- Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after [date]) send an email to [___].
- Email Marketing: By entering into the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to receive marketing email periodically from the Sponsor. If an entrant no longer wishes to receive such emails, an entrant can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Social Media Release: Each entrant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Instagram and its officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to this Sweepstakes. Content provided in connection with this Sweepstakes is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. The Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and any other company or product featured in connection with this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram.
- Sponsor: Timbuktu Labs Inc., d/b/a Rebel Girls, 520 Broadway, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90401