Careers - Social Media Intern
About Rebel Girls
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform empowerment brand dedicated to raising the most inspired and confident generation of girls around the world through content, experiences, products, and community.
Originating from an international best-selling children’s book, Rebel Girls amplifies stories of real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence. With a growing community of nearly 20 million self-identified Rebel Girls spanning more than 100 countries, the brand engages with the Alpha Generation through its book series, award-winning podcast, events and merchandise.
Rebel Girls has recently launched their Dream On app to re-imagine sleep routines by sharing empowering stories with a screen-free audio experience, and in 2021 we expect to reach 8 million books sold in 51 languages and 19 million podcast downloads by year's end.
There’s so much happening, we’re growing madly, and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Location: Los Angeles
(Remote, opportunity to work in-office September)
Hours: ~25 hours/week (flexible)
Pay: This is a paid internship
Rebel Girls is looking for an intern to support the team's ongoing marketing initiatives including campaign execution, social media production and other digital content initiatives. This role will assist in the day-to-day operations and needs from Rebel Girls’ internal team(s) and marketing agencies.
Potential to evolve into a full-time position.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Experience posting to social platforms and key understanding of what drives engagement on FB, IG, TW, LinkedIn & YouTube
- Comfortable working cross functionally and with remote teams
- Incredibly organized
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple teams
- Familiarity with Google Suite, and social media platforms
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Work alongside the team to create a plan for social media strategies
- Draft engaging copy and schedule posts for social media including organic, campaign and sponsored posts
- Execute social calendar by sourcing and/or designing assets, putting tickets in for the design team and routing assets for approvals
- Track posts from influencers engaging in our campaigns and engage with audiences on our social media pages to uphold community management standards
- Assist with regularly pulling performance data on social media
- Passionate about working for a company that celebrates diversity and elevates women
- Knowledge of Canva or Adobe design software
- Interest and/or prior experience in children’s media
- Knowledge of current/trending voices in the feminist, or parenting community
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com