Careers - Senior Digital Designer
About Rebel Girls
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform edutainment brand, dedicated to inspiring and instilling confidence in a generation of girls around the world.
We started from a 2016 international best-selling children’s book, featuring real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence, focusing on creators, innovators, leaders, and champions. In addition to our bestselling book series, we create an award-winning, chart-topping podcast, brought to life by the voices of phenomenal current-day women. Rebel Girls also offers virtual experiences and toys, and we are expanding our reach to television, live theater, and a digital app.
Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls spans more than 100 countries, with 6 million books sold in 51 languages and 13 million podcast downloads. We're growing quickly and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Job Title: Senior Digital Designer
Location: Los Angeles / San Francisco
This hands-on position is responsible for the design of all digital content for the full range of platforms including email campaigns, all social platforms, paid digital advertising, and eCommerce platforms for an engaging Rebel Girls digital experience. This includes the ability to work comfortably across various media types, creating animated gifs or short animations. It requires a very good understanding of the latest digital trends and continued research into trends as they evolve.
You will quickly translate ideas into sketches, mockups, and prototypes. You will work with product teams to identify gaps in current ad creative, test and optimize assets based on performance and user feedback.
You will work closely with other departments creating outstanding marketing materials and translate brand design strategies to digital platforms.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years digital design experience with an emphasis in social content creation
- Digital ad campaign experiences
- Proficient with industry standard UI/UX software including Figma, Sketch,
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Google workspace
- Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro motion graphics
- Ability to work in a team of creative individuals to accomplish a shared vision
- Deep knowledge of the principles of design such as alignment, grid layout, typography, hierarchy and balance
- Ability to prioritize, good organization and time management skills
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker with a keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with following and building upon brand guidelines
- Ability to integrate feedback in order to meet internal client objectives
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- The ideal candidate has a passion for and knowledge of social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Review graphics across various devices/platforms
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Follow established brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Take feedback from the Senior Design Manager, Product Managers, and other team members and revise designs accordingly
- Conceptualize visuals based on direction from senior leaders
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects
- Study design briefs, determine requirements and develop ideas
- Oversee projects from the idea to realization
- Participate in the development of social media strategies or any other digital campaigns
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast growing, mission-driven organization
- Biweekly wellness session
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org