Careers - Product Manager: Story App
About Our Company
REBEL GIRLS is the preeminent girl-driven edutainment company on a mission to inspire and instill confidence in 50 million girls by 2025.
With our universe of award-winning books and podcasts, along with toys and digital media, we introduce girls to diverse stories of extraordinary women from the past and present, and inspire girls from all backgrounds and experiences to pursue their dreams without limits. Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls is made up of 10+ million girls and women from age 5-95+ across 85 countries, and represents 6 million books sold in 49 languages and 8 million podcast downloads.
Position: Product Manager: Story App
Location: San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
The Impact You'll Make
As the Product Manager of the Rebel Girls story app (and toy), you will be responsible to define, launch, and oversee the success of the first Rebel Girls app.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Develop and execute the Rebel Girls app and platform.
- Build a deep understanding of our target audience (kids and parents) and develop solutions that serve their needs.
- Responsible for the performance of the app (downloads, LTV, user-happiness, etc.); and drive towards revenue goals.
- Proactively build and maintain the roadmap to help cross functional teams understand and deliver on their goals.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and create collaborative environments amongst our diverse team.
- Work closely with the content team to develop content for the app.
- Manage the offshore app development team.
You Will Bring to the Team
- 3-5 years of work experience in product management.
- Data insights: Strong analytical thinking in order to interpret data, quickly identify problems, thoroughly analyze results, deliver feasible solutions.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative testing and validation.
- Strong technical understanding to lead ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Experience with project management, with the ability to run sprints / knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Understand the product cycle from a business/commercial perspective.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Past experience product managing children’s apps/products
- Past experience working with hardware in addition to software.
- Oversight over development teams (preferably offshore) highly advantageous.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast growing, mission-driven organization
- Biweekly wellness session
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org