Careers - Podcast Producer
About Rebel Girls
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform edutainment brand, dedicated to inspiring and instilling confidence in a generation of girls around the world.
We started from a 2016 international best-selling children’s book, featuring real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence, focusing on creators, innovators, leaders, and champions. In addition to our bestselling book series, we create an award-winning, chart-topping podcast, brought to life by the voices of phenomenal current-day women. Rebel Girls also offers virtual experiences and toys, and we are expanding our reach to television, live theater, and a digital app.
Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls spans more than 100 countries, with 6 million books sold in 51 languages and 11 million podcast downloads. We're growing quickly and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Position: Podcast Producer
Location: San Francisco / Los Angeles
Rebel Girls is looking for an audio producer with an excellent ear for sound design and storytelling to join our audio team. The next Rebel Girls audio producer is deeply creative, loves narrative content, has an arsenal of audio tricks in their toolkit, and lots of opinions on how to create strong, thoughtful, feminist content for children that both inspires and empowers. Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of project management strategies to execute best-in-class audio content within reasonable time limits.
- Partner closely with sound designer to fully develop sound, feel and tone of all content pieces
- Work with writers to ensure voice and tone are consistent
- Overall accountability for all aspects of production, including
- Booking and scheduling narrators/guests
- Directing recording sessions
- Some editing and post production
Skills and experience
- 3 to 5 years experience as a podcast/audio/radio producer
- Audio editing and some mixing experience essential
- Ability to execute multiple concurrent production projects
- Understanding of podcast space
- Excellent writing skills
- Project management
- Background in building content for children
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Trello
- Experience working with high-profile guests and celebrities is a huge plus
- Innovative approaches to audio and storytelling are appreciated!
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Biweekly wellness session
Please send 2 links/examples of your best work along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org