Careers - Podcast Producer
About Our Company
REBEL GIRLS is the preeminent girl-driven edutainment company on a mission to inspire and instill confidence in 50 million girls by 2025.
With our universe of award-winning books and podcasts, along with toys and digital media, we introduce girls to diverse stories of extraordinary women from the past and present, and inspire girls from all backgrounds and experiences to pursue their dreams without limits. Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls is made up of 10+ million girls and women from age 5-95+ across 85 countries, and represents 6 million books sold in 49 languages and 8 million podcast downloads.
Position: Podcast Producer
Location: San Francisco, preferably
Rebel Girls is looking for a podcast producer to join our audio team, to focus on the award winning children’s podcast, “Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls.” Our ideal candidate has an excellent ear for storytelling and an understanding of how to create content for children that both inspires and empowers.
- Overall accountability for all aspects of podcast production
- Booking and scheduling guest narrators
- Directing recording sessions
- Manage external production partners, including mix engineers and recording studios
- Work with writers to ensure voice and tone are consistent
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience as a podcast/audio/radio producer
- Audio editing and some mixing experience essential
- Ability to execute multiple concurrent production projects
- Understanding of podcast space
- Excellent writing skills
In addition, the following experience is advantageous:
- Background in building content for children
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Trello
- Experience working with high-profile guests and celebrities is a huge plus
- Innovative approaches to audio and storytelling are appreciated!
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Biweekly wellness session
To apply, please send 2 links/examples of your best work along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org