Careers - Marketing Intern
About Rebel Girls
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform empowerment brand dedicated to raising the most inspired and confident generation of girls around the world through content, experiences, products, and community.
Originating from an international best-selling children’s book, Rebel Girls amplifies stories of real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence. With a growing community of nearly 20 million self-identified Rebel Girls spanning more than 100 countries, the brand engages with the Alpha Generation through its book series, award-winning podcast, events and merchandise.
Rebel Girls has recently launched their Dream On app to re-imagine sleep routines by sharing empowering stories with a screen-free audio experience, and in 2021 we expect to reach 8 million books sold in 51 languages and 19 million podcast downloads by year's end.
There’s so much happening, we’re growing madly, and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Location: Los Angeles / New York City
(Remote, opportunity to work in-office September)
Hours: ~25 hours/week (flexible)
Pay: This is a paid internship
Rebel Girls is looking for an intern to support the team's ongoing marketing initiatives, including coordination and execution of multiple new product campaigns. This role will assist in the day-to-day operations and needs from Rebel Girls’ internal team(s) and marketing agencies.
Potential to evolve into a full-time position.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Familiarity with Google Suite programs, notably Google Sheets
- Comfortable working cross functionally and with remote teams
- Incredibly organized
- Knowledge of trending female artists, scientists, athletes and activists
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Help maintain marketing documents including launch calendars, project deliverables lists, presentations and recaps
- Work closely with the Design team to assist copy / creative requests, track asset creation and traffic creative for approval
- Organize/label graphics, scripts, audio, invoices, and lists within shared team folders
- Assist with miscellaneous duties as necessary, gathering materials and/or data for internal or external parties
- Participate in marketing campaign brainstorms
- Passionate about working for a company that celebrates diversity and elevates women
- Interest and/or prior experience in children’s media and publishing
- Knowledge of Trello and/or similar project management softwares
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org