Careers - Lead Engineer
About Rebel Girls
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform empowerment brand dedicated to raising the most inspired and confident generation of girls around the world through content, experiences, products, and community.
Originating from an international best-selling children’s book, Rebel Girls amplifies stories of real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence. With a growing community of nearly 20 million self-identified Rebel Girls spanning more than 100 countries, the brand engages with the Alpha Generation through its book series, award-winning podcast, events and merchandise.
Rebel Girls has recently launched their Dream On app to re-imagine sleep routines by sharing empowering stories with a screen-free audio experience, and in 2021 we expect to reach 8 million books sold in 51 languages and 19 million podcast downloads by year's end.
There’s so much happening, we’re growing madly, and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Location: Los Angeles / San Francisco / New York City
The Lead Engineer will take accountability for building Rebel Girls’ engineering capability, and play a key role in creating the next wave of digital experiences for millions of girls throughout the world.
This is a high visibility, career-defining opportunity for an exceptional, ambitious engineer who wants to do great work with a pioneering team.
As the lead for Rebel Girls’ mobile development, you’ll leverage your skills and experience in back-end systems development and mobile architecture to significantly impact the direction of our digital products.
If you intend to do work that really makes a difference in the world, Rebel Girls is the place to be!
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success as an engineering decision-maker with strong product sense and user empathy
- Demonstrated contributions to web or mobile products at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; in particular, when communicating with non-technical colleagues
- Familiarity with some or all of our technology stack: AWS, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Swift
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Accountability for the direction and build-out of the mobile app, collaborating with designers and product managers
- Drive the decision-making around mobile product architecture, define the stylistic patterns used by the team, and review their code contributions
- Build and maintain the web services that power Rebel Girl’s mobile app
- Perform technical scoping, plan engineering work, and help define the culture and processes of your team.
- Managing the CMS for mobile content and creating an efficient process for content producers to publish work
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast growing, mission-driven organization
- Biweekly wellness session
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com