Careers - Director of Audio Partnerships
About Our Company
Rebel Girls is an educational entertainment company on a mission to empower a generation of girls to pursue their dreams without limits. Our flagship book series Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls features 200 extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence. We tell their stories as biographical fairy tales accompanied by diverse illustrations from 60 women artists from around the world. To date, we have sold 5.4 million copies in 49 languages, across 85 countries.
In addition to our books, we have written and produced three seasons of our Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls Podcast. Currently, we have 7+ million downloads and have won numerous awards (including the People’s Choice Award, Gold in the New York Radio Festival, and are currently nominated for a Webby). Our narrators include the likes of Melinda Gates, Priscilla Chan Zuckerberg, and Justina Machado.
In three years, we've been able to reach 10+ million girls with our books and our podcast, and our goal is to inspire and instill confidence in 50 million more! To do this, we are expanding our storytelling via video and digital, as well as bringing a merchandise line to the world that is free from forced stereotypes, to give young girls a set of diverse, real-life heroines for inspiration. We’re growing our team and are looking for Rebels to join us!
Position: Director of Audio Partnerships
Location: San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA
Rebel Girls seeks to add a Director of Audio Partnerships to join its revenue team. Ideally, you are a driven professional with 5-10 years of experience in sales and/or partnerships in digital media, selling into consumer brands and agencies with a demonstrable track record in managing accounts end-to-end and closing new business.
You must be both a team player and an independent contributor with a growth mindset. You should be comfortable both developing and executing a sales and partnership strategy from the ground up while also managing the day-to-day requirements of the audio partnerships division. The role will also require a well-organized approach to developing sustainable processes throughout the division.
Given you’ll be a leader within a startup, we want someone who’s enthusiastic about working with colleagues at different levels all across the organization and adaptable to change as the organization grows.
- Manage new and existing relationships with brand sponsors + licensing partners
- Sell audio advertising, branded originals and audio licensing deals in order to grow audio revenue by creating, maintaining and sustaining relationships with direct clients, media agencies, creative agencies, and international audio partners
- Collaborate with publishing, merchandising, marketing and entertainment departments on cross-functional opportunities
- Partner with CRO on departmental brand positioning and implementation of departmental best practices
- Collaborate on and develop audio partnerships strategy for 2021 and beyond
Other Characteristics, Skills, and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of professional media sales/partnerships experience
- Knowledge of podcast landscape and ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- Strong negotiation skills, the ability to take a consultative approach, present effectively and close a pipeline of prospects
- Strong communication skills – enjoys working cross-functionally and representing the interests of the finance team with other departments
- Able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment across external and internal teams to deliver fresh, creative campaigns
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post-COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast-growing, mission-driven organization
- Biweekly yoga and breath-work classes
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com