Careers - Chief Business Officer
About Our Company
REBEL GIRLS is a global multi-platform girl-driven edutainment company on a mission to inspire and instill confidence in a generation of girls.
With our universe of award-winning books and podcasts, along with toys, digital media, and community-building experiences, we introduce girls to diverse stories of extraordinary women from the past and present, and inspire girls from all backgrounds and experiences to pursue their dreams without limits. Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls is made up of 10+ million girls across 85 countries, and represents 6 million books sold in 49 languages and 9 million podcast downloads.
Position: Chief Business Officer
Location: New York / San Francisco / Los Angeles
The Impact You'll Make
As a key member of the executive team, and reporting to the CEO, this role is accountable for the monetization strategy, and driving significant revenue growth in this multi-product, multi-channel, multi-platform company.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Develop a monetization strategy for all products, and make strategic decisions on all elements of this, including pricing, partnerships, channels, and resource allocation.
- Drive revenue growth through the B2B sales team and the direct to consumer channels, as well as owning high level partnership and key account relationships.
- Take an active role in identifying and building key relationships across the product and channel verticals with partners, sponsors and key accounts.
- Target 360 degree opportunities for partnerships, and close deals that impact multiple product verticals and optimize revenue growth across the Rebel Girls ecosystem.
- Build a deep understanding of our target audience (girls and parents) and develop data-driven revenue-growth strategies accordingly.
- Take accountability for the B2B and D2C teams, supporting them to achieve their targets and goals.
- Contribute as a key member of the leadership team to overall company performance.
You Will Bring to the Team
- At least 10 years in sales (partnerships, sponsorships, licencing and/or other relevant deal-making), with a strong track record of revenue growth (own performance, as well as through a team).
- Prior experience in a strategic leadership role, driving revenue for a start-up, or mid-sized company.
- Exposure to multi-product, multi-channel environments, ideally in B2B as well as B2C.
- A solid network at the right levels of seniority in relevant industry sectors.
- Team leadership skills, having successfully managed teams of 10 - 40 people in the past.
- Strong commercial savvy, and a creative approach to getting the right deals done.
- A commitment and passion to the Rebel Girls mission
- A collaborative approach towards working with the executive team and broader Rebel Girls team
- Experience as the head of revenue in a multi-media, digital media, gaming, or relevant consumer products company is ideal. A ‘hard-charging’ approach towards revenue growth and deal-making.
- You’ve previously grown revenue from $10 million to $50 million at a startup or mid-sized company
- A strong quantitative background and rigorous data driven decision making approach to strategy
- MBA a plus
- Prior strategy consulting experience a plus
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast growing, mission-driven organization
- Wellness stipend, fertility stipend, team yoga classes
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com