Our Newest Book
100 Real-Life Tales of Black Girl Magic
Receive updates on the book’s release
and other exciting Rebel Girls news!
About the book
This upcoming volume is dedicated to amplifying the stories of barrier-breaking Black women from around the world—past and present, legendary and little-known—who truly exemplify “Black Girl Magic.” The book is packed with powerful lessons on passion and perseverance and will encourage young girls everywhere to unlock the magic that lives within them!
More about the book:
- It’s the latest release in our New York Times best-selling series for children.
- It is edited by award-winning journalist Lilly Workneh. The foreword is written by CaShawn Thompson, the creator of the #BlackGirlMagic hashtag and movement.
- It is written and illustrated by Black women, from cover to cover.
- It features Black women who reflect a diversity of profession, complexion, time period, and background.
- Each story is accompanied by a gorgeous, full-page, full-color portrait. The illustrations were created by 60 Black female and nonbinary artists from around the globe.
- The subjects included represent four different exciting categories: leaders, creators, champions, and innovators.
- The stories celebrate the achievements of Black women and recognize the obstacles, barriers, and difficulties they faced.
- It includes fun activities so readers can activate their imagination and dream big!
where that came from!
Our Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls series is a fan favorite among children worldwide! Check out previous volumes - each one includes 100 tales of extraordinary women and girls. Our most recent release spotlights 100 immigrant women who changed the world. These stories are sure to inspire young Rebels to expand, enhance, and achieve their dreams!Shop all Rebel Girls Books!